In conjunction with the 28th annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, individuals, families, and area organizations were invited to have some fun outdoors building a snow sculpture in their own yard. See the info below for how they submitted. Presented by WIFR 23, Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, and Rockford Park District.
- Open to individuals, organizations, or businesses
- Must never have entered a professional snow sculpting competition
- Built on front or back yard of property
- Sculpture must be a minimum of three feet high
- Colors and internal supports are allowed
- No power tools are allowed
- Props allowed, but 75% of creation must be visible snow. (Prop examples: brooms, carrots, scarves, etc.)
- Photo must include the artist/artists, and will not be returned
HOW TO ENTER
Submit a photo of your sculpture and an entry form by Jan 13, 2014. Entry forms are available to download at the top of this page, or can be picked up at Carlson Ice Arena (NE corner of Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park) or Webbs Norman Center (401 S Main St, Rockford).
Everyone who enters and submits a photo will be entered into a drawing to receive one of five Rockford Park District (RPD) Sampler Packages.* The best sculpture will be selected by a RPD jury to receive a grand prize of a RPD Sampler Package, plus four (4) free Magic Waters Waterpark admission tickets and four (4) free tube rentals.
All winners will be contacted by Jan 15, 2014, and announced at the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition awards ceremony Jan 18, 2014.*RPD Sampler Package includes: (2) Magic Waters Waterpark day tickets, (2) Golf round tickets (valid at Elliot, Ingersoll, Sandy Hollow or Sinnissippi), (4) Forest City Queen or Trolley Ride tickets, (2) Wagon/Pony ride tickets, (2) Ice Skating tickets, and (2) Playworld tickets.