- 1st Place, State Champions: Vikings in Black (Block 4) – “Dragon Whisperer”
- 2nd Place: Frosted Flakes (Block 9) – “Take Me to Your Leader”
- 3rd Place: Slacktastic 4 (Block 2) – “Ents Go Marching In”
- Committees Choice: Frosted Flakes (Block 9) – “Take Me To Your Leader”
- People’s Choice: Whippersnappers (Block 3) – “Get Off My Lawn!”
High School Division
- 1st Place: Rockford Christian (Block K) – “Hidden Power”
- 2nd Place: Byron High School (Block L) – “Mother Deerest”
- 3rd Place: Belvidere North High School (Block D) – “Ice Gator”
- Artists Choice: Rockford Christian (Block K) – “Hidden Power”
- Linda K White: Byron High School (Block L) – “Mother Deerest”
- Committees Choice: Marengo High School (Block F) – “The Embrace”
- People’s Choice: Belvidere North High School (Block D) – “Ice Gator”
Community Snow Sculpting Winners
- Joe Newcomer – Rockford, Illinois
- Scott Steele – Rockford, Illinois
The 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition has been cancelled due to not having enough snow to sculpt. The event had already been postponed from January 16-19, 2013 to January 23-26, 2013. Twelve teams Continue reading 2013 Snow Sculpting Competition Cancelled
Be on the lookout for “random acts of snow sculpting” going on throughout the community. If you see a sign like the one shown here, then the Environmental Education and Recreation Team of the Rockford Park District has been to that location.
The random snow sculptures are all to raise awareness about the 3rd Annual Community Snow Sculpting Contest. Individuals, families, businesses, and area organizations are invited to have some fun outdoors building a snow sculpture. Snap a photo of your sculpture and submit it for a chance to win some cool prizes from the Rockford Park District.
The Community Snow Sculpting Contest is presented by the Rockford Park District, Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, and WIFR 23.
For more information, please contact Atwood Center by calling 815-874-7576 (TTY, 888-871-6171), or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.